Vermont Log Home - Vershire, VT ($229,000)
Lovely, private hillside log home. View a sky full of stars from your bed! Breathe clean, sweet air and listen to songbirds. Enjoy spectacular winter sunrises and summer sunsets. Snowshoe the property's trails in the winter and pick wild blackberries and raspberries in the summer.
Cozy custom-built (1990) log home with nearly 1,500 square feet of living space. Vaulted ceiling with beautiful exposed wood beams. Wonderful views from inside and out.
Two bedrooms (with a possible third, since room currently used as a dining room can easily become a bedroom); plus loft area for additional sleeping area, if desired; 1 ½ bathrooms; eat-in kitchen; living room; dining room; mudroom; full basement.
- Carpeted bedroom with double-door walk-in closet.
- Full bath with exhaust fan and heat lamp as well as linen closet.
- U-shape working kitchen (gas stove with hood, microwave, electric dishwasher and newer refrigerator) with eat-in kitchen area (including glass slider to the back deck); new vinyl tile floor in kitchen and hallway.
- Small mudroom with slate floor off kitchen and leading to back deck.
- Dining room (or extra bedroom) has wood floors, a double closet, two wood interior doors, and a glass slider to small deck on side of house.
- Living room/family room has striking cathedral ceiling and gorgeous full-glass-door Hearthstone soapstone wood-burning stove.
- Access to front porch off living room.
- All wood floors.
- Bedroom: walk-in bedroom closet that wraps around to storage/crawlspace with half-doors at that end; one skylight.
- Half bathroom. Loft alcove currently divided into two spaces, one used as a music room, the other as an office; second skylight.
- Full basement, unfinished, with bulkhead door.
- Built-in wood storage area and work bench.
- Electric washer and new gas dryer; newer Peerless boiler.
- Roof reshingled in 2006.
- House (outside) recently stained and preserved.
- Andersen windows and doors.
- Heating: multi-zone hot-water, baseboard heating system; 500-gallon propane tank; newer wood-burning stove. Peerless cast-iron boiler installed in late 1990s; HX Hotstow water heater.
- Cooling: ceiling fan; no A/C necessary.
- CFL, energy-saving light bulbs throughout house.
- Installed in 2009: 8,000-watt backup generator with Honda motor that basically runs entire house; rarely used.
- Exterior lighting.
- Very reasonable electric and propane bills.
- Nearly 12 acres of private land; great long-range views. Well-kept lawn, shrubs, and gardens.
- Outbuilding measuring 20 feet long by 16 feet wide, with cement floor and lighting as well as two outlets. Can fit one vehicle, but due to its location, currently used for storage.
- Two-vehicle carport installed in 2005.
- Two decks, including one large, nearly wraparound deck with outdoor fireplace.
- One covered porch with overhead lighting and one outlet. Two additional outlets on outside of house.
- Drilled well.
- Private septic system.
- Faucets for front- and backyard watering.
Westshire Elementary School; Rivendell Academy; The Mountain School.
Contact: Joe & Janine (Click to Email), 802-685-3098